Events at St. B's to honor Mary
We are so grateful that this year we are able to return in-person to honor Mary during the month of May; see below for a couple of events that you won't want to miss.
- May Crowning - Sunday, May 2 - Thank you to ALL the volunteers and to ALL who came! View May Crowning video HERE! and pictures HERE!
- Outdoor Living Rosary - Sunday, May 16 at 10 am in the Parking Lot - Event details HERE!
- Pilgrimage for Mary - Saturday, May 22 at 9 am. Meet at Tecolote Canyon trailhead parking lot on Acworth Ave and walk to the Immaculata on USD's campus. Sign-up with Modern Catholic Pilgrim to receive a special pilgrmage companion booklet.
- Mary and the Old Testament Theology "Uncorked" - Monday, May 24 at 7 pm in the Parish Hall - Event Details HERE!
May - the month of Mary
The Church honors Mary, the mother of Jesus, with special devotion, especially during month of May. Why do we honor Mary? The main reason is because God Himself honored her by choosing her to be the mother of His only Son, Jesus. Mary is the first disciple and a model disciple for us to follow in our walk with Jesus. Why? Because she was the first one to accept Jesus when she said yes to the angel Gabriel at the Annunciation.
We too are asked to say yes and follow Jesus, and ask for Mary's help and intercession along the way. Throughout her life she showed us many different ways to follow Jesus:
- Helping others - Immediately after learning of her own pregnancy, Mary set out "in haste" to help her cousin Elizabeth.
- Searching and following Jesus - when Mary and Joseph lost Jesus in the temple, they didn't stop searching until they found him.
- "Do whatever he tells you" - During the wedding at Cana Mary tells the waiter "do whatever He tells you".
Ideas and resources to honor Mary
- Watch Gayle's video (see below) on May - the month of Mary
- Consider a walking pilgrimage to a local Marian church or shrine during this month. Join and be inspired by others doing the same - Modern Catholic Pilgrim
- Praying the Rosary is one of the most beautiful and well-known ways to honor Mary and learn more about her son Jesus; watch Gayle's video (see below) on Praying the Rosary
- Other Marian prayers such as the Hail Mary, Memorare, and Hail Holy Queen
- Read about some of our parishioners devotions to Mary in these #IamSaintBrigid articles on devotions to Mary and Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Resources from the USCCB - including prayers, videos, and more
- Videos, movies, podcasts, and more from FORMED for the whole family