Accompanying Others in Suffering - gain skills for walking with others in tough times
Join us for either a daytime or evening event:
- Tuesday, March 28 from 10-11:30 am
- Friday, March 31 from 6:30-8:30 pm (after Stations of the Cross)
It's hard to know what to say or do when someone we love is hurting. Yet accompanying others in their pain is one of the most important ways we are called to be the Body of Christ to those closest to us. Come to this interactive event for:
- Inspiring video messages from Mari Pablo, popular Catholic speaker and ministry consultant with the Evangelical Catholic
- Tips on what to do and what not to do when people you love are struggling
- Prompts for examining your own tendencies, needs, and responses to the experience of suffering.
- Time for personal reflection and small group discussion
Bereavement Support Group - Seasons of Hope
Spring 2023 Six Week Series: April 20 - May 25, Thursdays, 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
Our Ministry of Consolation offers a seasonal bereavement group. Seasons of Hope is a Christ-centered grief support group for those in need of consolation after losing a loved one. Each series consists of six consecutive weekly meetings, with a new series offered four times a year. The six week series is a small group journey - as opposed to a drop-in group. Each session includes prayer, scripture, faith-sharing, and fellowship facilitated by the bereavement ministry team. Click here to learn more, and check out our Ministry Highlight. Materials fee $7. For more information, please contact Lee Hulburt.
When a loved one has died, we offer consolation and guidance to the family members in planning a funeral or memorial liturgy. Please visit our funeral page for more info.
Reproductive loss is grief or loss after a miscarriage and abortion. If you or a loved one has experienced this you may need some support or want to know ways you can help. Visit our reproductive loss page for more info.