Regular Mass Schedule is back! With that in mind, it will take many hands to welcome our community back safely and effectively so please consider serving as a Ministry of Hospitality for Mass. See below for details and contact Debbie with questions or to help.
Masses will resume indoors starting Wednesday, September 2, however the 9 am Sunday Mass will remain outdoors. Saturday 5:30 pm will also be livestreamed.
- Sunday Masses - 7:30 am (indoor), 9 am (outdoor), 11 am (indoor), and 5:30 pm (indoor)
- Saturday Vigil Mass - 5:30 pm (indoor and livestreamed)
- Weekdays - 7:30 am (indoor)
What it will look like?
The heart of our Catholic identity is the Eucharist. With that in mind, the first step on our pathway forward is to welcome the community back to Mass, while following the necessary social distancing and hygiene guidelines. Please note, however, our Bishop will continue to dispense all Catholics from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for the foreseeable future. Highlights of our reopening plan include:
- Our Mass schedule will stay the same.
- Holy Communion will be distributed in the form of consecrated bread alone, and only in the hand.
- Parishioners will be expected to wear a face covering and maintain a 6-foot distance from other people.
- Come early, people will be seated on a first come, first serve basis.
Ministry of Hospitality
Ministers of Hospitality will be integral in helping our St. B's community celebrate the Mass and we are looking to have four Ministers of Hospitality for every weekend Mass and two for every weekday Mass. Ministers of Hospitality will:
- Be a welcoming face, letting all that gather for worship know that he or she is welcome, valued, and safe.
- Escort people to their seats. Even though our Mass schedule will remain the same, our church capacity will be limited to 90 people and people will be seated on a first come, first serve basis.
- Direct people during the Communion procession which will be a bit different because of social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
- In general, guide people, answer questions, and encourage the new parameters set forth during this pandemic.
If you are currently a liturgical minister (Eucharistic Minister, Altar Server, Lector, Usher, or Greeter) you are welcome to go directly into the Ministry Scheduler and sign-up for specific Masses that work for your schedule. If you aren't currently a liturgical minister, but interested in serving in this ministry or have questions, contact Debbie.
So that everyone feels comfortable and equipped to serve in this ministry, we have created training resources so that you feel comfortable serving in this new role.