Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA)
.Give online by clicking the hand icon.
Your participation in the Annual Catholic Appeal accomplishes something very simple yet very powerful: it touches people's hearts with God's love through your gift and deepens our collective faith together. By Sharing God's Gifts, you are helping our brothers and sisters to truly know and love Jesus Christ, His grace and His mercy.
Letter from our Pastor Fr. Steve
Dear parishioners, I invite you to participate in the 2019 Annual Catholic Appeal for the Diocese of San Diego, “Responding to God’s Grace.” United with 96 other parishes throughout the diocese, we can make a tremendous impact as we strive to carry out the mission Jesus entrusted to us!
The Annual Catholic Appeal provides an opportunity to share our gifts beyond our parish boundaries, in support of ministries that serve San Diego and Imperial Counties. Your contribution supports 23 candidates for the priesthood, assists almost 300,000 poor and vulnerable through the services of Catholic Charities, and impacts Catholic schools with over 2,500 students in need. The Annual Catholic Appeal provides funding for the formation of catechists for our children and theological formation for adults. It also helps support our Restorative Justice/Prison Ministry, which serves 27 detention facilities housing over 25,000 inmates. The Annual Appeal supports ministry to young adults and care for 50 retired priests of our diocese who served faithfully in our parishes for decades.
Our parish goal this year for the Annual Catholic Appeal is $76,000. I am confident that with your help, we can exceed our goal. Funds collected beyond our parish goal will go to support our parish young adult ministry endowment fund, which will aid in providing outreach, formation, and support to young adults in all stages of their journey—single, engaged, married, and parenting.
Through your gift, we impact thousands of lives in our local Church community. Thank you for your support as we participate in living the Church’s mission to be witnesses of compassion and mercy to those in need. Sincerely Yours in Christ, Father Steve Callahan
Where does the money go? This year the appeal goal is $3.5 million and has seven areas of focus:
- Catholic Schools and Tuition Assistance ($1,000,000)—helping to make Catholic Education affordable and accessible to every family who desires it.
- Formation in Faith ($600,000)—Funding for Evangelization and Catechetical Ministries, The Diocesan Institute, and Youth Ministries.
- Retired Priests ($500,000)—50 retired priests of this diocese receive financial support for items such as insurance, nursing care, and supplemental retirement income so they can live in dignity.
- Catholic Charities ($500,000)—Promoting the dignity of the human person and commitment to Christ’s vision of justice and charity. This agency assists almost 300,000 people each year through its expansive network of programs and services.
- Seminarian Support ($500,000)—Supports over 23 seminarians who are discerning a call to priestly life and service. Tuition and living expenses average around $45,000 per seminarian.
- Young Adult Ministry ($250,000)—Connecting young adults to Christ and His Church.
- Prison Ministry ($150,000)—chaplaincies at 27 different facilities impact the lives of over 25,000 inmates and respond to their hunger to deepen their relationship with God.
Here are flyers with more information on three focus areas:
See how we are doing this year... and thank you for your generosity in 2018!
Our parish goal is $76,000 (same as last year). As of April 17, 2019 we have raised over $65,000 and are 86% to our goal. Last year, you helped us raise over $110,000 which was a 68% increase from 2017. Over 250 families (12%) participated in the ACA in 2018 vs. 178 families (8%) of families in 2017. Imagine what we could accomplish and how we could grow if every household in the parish participates?
|Amount Raised over/under goal||$34,385||($10,449)||$44,834|
|# of families who participated||261||178||83|
|% of households that contributed||12%||8%||4%|