Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA)
The Diocesan Annual Appeal is an opportunity for us to help share God's gifts. It creates an essential foundation that enables the diocese to carry out critical ministries in San Diego and Imperial counties that lie beyond the ability of any one parish. Hear more from those who have been supported by the appeal in this inspiring 9-minute video. See our own St. B's parishioners at the Food Packing Event (1:13 minutes) and one of our young adults deep in prayer (6:19). This year the appeal has seven areas of focus:
- Catholic Charities—Promoting the dignity of the human person and commitment to Christ’s vision of justice and charity. This agency assists almost 300,000 people each year through its expansive network of programs and services.
- Seminarian Support—Supports over 22 seminarians who are discerning a call to priestly life and service. Tuition and living expenses average around $45,000 per seminarian.
- Retired Priests—55 retired priests of this diocese receive financial support for items such as insurance, nursing care, and supplemental retirement income so they can live in dignity.
- Formation in Faith—Funding for Evangelization and Catechetical Ministries, The Diocesan Institute, and Youth Ministries.
- Prison Ministry—Chaplaincies at 27 different facilities impact the lives of over 25,000 inmates and respond to their hunger to deepen their relationship with God.
- Young Adult Ministry—Connecting young adults to Christ and His Church.
- Catholic Schools and Tuition Assistance—helping to make Catholic Education affordable and accessible to every family who desires it.
Here are flyers with more information on three focus areas:
- Catholic Education
- Catholic Charities
- Care of Retired Priests
Letter from our Pastor Fr. Steve
Friends, I invite you to participate in the 2018 Annual Catholic Appeal for the Diocese of San Diego, "Sharing God's Gifts." As disciples, we are called to use the gifts we have received from the Lord in service to others. As Catholics, we are many parts but all one body. United with 96 other parishes throughout the diocese, we can take a tremendous impact as we strive to carry out the mission Jesus entrusted to us! The Annual Catholic Appeal provides an opportunity to share our gifts beyond our parish boundaries, in support of the programs that serve San Diego and Imperial Counties. ACA packets, which detail the groups supported by the appeal, are being mailed to all registered parishioners this week. Our parish goal this year is $76,000. I am confident that, with your help, we can exceed our goal!!! Funds collected beyond our parish goal will go to new parish young adult ministry and support young adults in all stages of their journey - single, engaged, married and parenting. Thank you for your support as we participate in living the Church's mission to be witnesses of compassion and mercy to those in need.
Sincerely Yours in Christ, Father Steve Callahan
Ways to give - You are welcome to give in a variety of ways including online or in Sunday collection during Mass
Thank you to the 229 people/families that have helped us reach our goal of $76,000. But it's not too late to give... all new contributions will go towards the Young Adult Endowment Fund.