March 31, 2020 Emergency Food Distribution Network
Starting April 6- April 8, 100 food packages will be distributed through a combination of home delivery (primarily for seniors and those who cannot drive) and a single, touchless, drive thru food distribution in the Saint Brigid parking lot; drive thru date TBD. Check back here for further updates this week. All recipients must register for a package online here. Please note: while required,registration does not guarantee food availability.
March 30, 2020 - No Penance Service tonight
Although our Penance Service is cancelled tonight, Pope Francis encourages us if we can't go to confession to take our sorrows directly to God. Read more here. Fast from worry... feast on divine order, for other ways to fast and feast, click here.
March 26, 2020 update Emergency Food Assistance
Saturday, March 28- San Diego Food Bank is hosting touchless, drive thru food distribution at Qualcomm, from 9am until food is gone. Click here for details. As of March 23, all parish food distributions are suspended until further notice, under COVID-19 restrictions.
March 20, 2020 Update
We are here for you and want to stay connected with you! Due to Governor Newsom's order and our hope to contribute to the health and wellness
of our community amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, our church and parish offices are unable to remain open. For support, information, and faith resources, please explore our website, email or call us at 858.483.3030.
March 16, 2020 Update
Regarding the Coronavirus: the church is open, we're reaching out to our seniors, and keeping all of you in our prayers. Here are the adoration, confession, office, and open church hours. Come to find a bit of rest and peace that only comes from Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
March 13, 2020 Update
Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,
Here is a letter from Bishop McElroy which will be read at all Masses this Saturday evening and Sunday.
Starting Monday, March 16, there will be no public weekday or weekend Masses at Saint Brigid Parish until further notice. Bishop McElroy has dispensed all Catholics from the Sunday Mass obligation during the coming weeks. I am dispensing all of you from the obligation to go to Mass this weekend as well.
- Effective immediately, all children's and youth (high school) faith formation programs are suspended, including the faith formation sessions (GIFT) that were scheduled for this Sunday afternoon, March 15.
- The young adult gathering on Wednesday evenings is suspended until further notice.
- Each adult Connection to Christ (C2C) small group can decide for themselves whether or not to continue to meet.
- The diocese will video stream Sunday Mass celebrated by priests and bishops of our diocese in English, Spanish and Vietnamese every week. You can access these celebrations on the diocesan website beginning this Sunday, March 15.
- We will come up with a list of times when the church will be open for people who wish to come and pray.
I invite all of you to join me in prayer, especially those most significantly impacted and suffering from Coronavirus. Here is a prayer from Pope Francis for us to pray.
Sincerely yours in Christ, Father Steve Callahan
March 3, 2020 Update
Stay Connected - other ways to stay in the loop!
- Lenten Resources - While our ability to journey together during Lent this year is limited, click here for resources and encouragement.
- E-Newsletter - The parish-wide weekly E-newsletter connects all our parishioners, near and far. We get messages from friends who have left San Diego, but maintain connection with our community through the e-newsletter. This weekly email highlights upcoming events, gives a preview to the upcoming Sunday’s “The Way”, and has special e-news exclusive content! Sign up here.
- @SaintBrigidSD - Social Media is a fun, light-hearted way to stay connected and add a little extra holiness to your feed. Why not fill your time scrolling with a positive message, ministry highlights, Holy Day information, and parish event updates? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook (Parish or Young Adults) @SaintBrigidSD or check out Catholic resources on our Pinterest page